TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Welcome to the Bik Bok Life. It's important that you take time to review our terms of membership.
- Bik Bok Life is Bik Bok’s loyalty program. Bik Bok AB is part of the Varner Group, and it is Varner AS, Nesøyveien 4, 1376 Billingstad, Norway which is responsible for the loyalty program.
- Membership and sign up to the Bik Bok life loyalty program is free of charge. To become a member, you must be at least 16 years old. The membership is personal and cannot be transferred.
- Bik Bok life members receive special offers, invite to events, bonus status and relevant information etc. via SMS and / or email. You choose which channels Bik Bok life can contact you, but you must at least choose one. The membership is linked to your mobile number which you can use to identify yourself in our stores.
- When becoming a member, you need to actively consent to become a member. If you don’t give an active consent, your temporary profile, including potentially earned points/bonus checks, will be deleted within 30 days.
- As a Bik Bok Life member, you accept that Varner can store, process and use your personal details to be able to calculate your bonus, create personal offers, member campaigns and information regarding the loyalty program You can read more about this in the section “How is my personal information managed?”.
- There is no binding period and you can cancel your membership in Bik Bok life at any time. Cancellations can be done via My Page on bikbok.com or via email [email protected] If you have not collected bonus points or otherwise used your membership of Bik Bok life for a period of more than 24 months, this will constitute withdrawal as described below.
- Bik Bok life will send a reminder prior to the expiration date. Upon withdrawal, you have 30 days to use your bonus checks. After 30 days, all of your personal data, points and bonus checks will be deleted. Varner reserves the right to deviate from this point in the case of attempted fraud.
- You will get access to your personal member page where you have full overview of your membership and can administrate your profile and your consents.
- Varner AS might modify or add to the terms and conditions of Bik Bok life and the existing guidelines in the loyalty program in the future. Changes in the terms and conditions will be notified to members at least 4 weeks before the change take effect.
As a member of Bik Bok Life, you collect bonus points and bonus checks whenever you purchase in one of our stores (incl. web shop).
- All purchases, including webshop, qualifies for bonus, with the exception of gift cards.
- In order to register bonus, you have to display your member ID or mobile phone number at the cashier.To get bonus points online, you need to be logged in.
- Bonus points cannot be registered after a purchase have been completed.
- Every NOK spent is one (1) bonus point.
- You can collect bonus points as long as you are a member.
- 400 earned bonus points automatically generate a bonus check of 20 NOK. You can use your bonus check in all our stores. The bonus check will be accessible for you at the cashier. In the case of a remaining amount, the amount will cease to apply upon a purchase that is smaller than the check’s value.The bonus check will have a validity of 12 months.
- Bonus points or bonus checks cannot be redeemed into cash.
- Bonus and purchase information is updated continously.
- If you return products, bonus points from purchase of these products will be deducted.
- Member offers only apply on full price and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Member offers will be presented through either a % or monetary discount.
- Validity of the member offers will vary.
- Member offers can only be used one time if not specified.
Should a situation arise that would make it impossible for us to fulfill our obligations in connection with the withdrawal of a bonus or purchase of products / services, and which according to normal purchasing law rules are considered Force Majeure, the obligations of the affected party will cease as long as the extraordinary the situation persists.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION MANAGED?
Varner AS is the controller responsible for processing your personal information in accordance with the current privacy regulations. We wish to provide you with the best possible shopping experience with us, and you will find an overview here of how we manage your personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Act, including EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as "GDPR")..
This is the personal information we process:
- Personal information you register with when you become a member and when updating your profile, such as your name, mobile number, e-mail address, date of birth, etc. The information you provide will also be enriched via referral services(ex. contact information), or through social media you give us access to.
- Information about purchases and bonus earnings when using your membership.
- Information you provide through our customer service
- Information from cookies, see the items below
WHAT IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR?
By providing your personal information, you consent to our using your information to provide the service the membership gives you, as specified by the purposes below.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- In order to create and manage your personal user account and membership in the loyalty programme
- In order to issue points and contact you in connection with your membership.
- In order to provide relevant content, communication and offers, through profiling. Profiling is the process of analyzing your personal information and purchase history to reveal behavior, preferences, abilities or your needs as a customer.
- In order to provide you with the best possible help when you contact us
- In order to provide the opportunity of showing you more relevant ads on digital platforms, including on social media.
- In order to inform you about services that enhance your shopping experience with us. For example, new collaboration partners, new payment solutions or other new services that you can decide if you want to use or not.
- We use aggregated and pseudoanonymized data to measure the performance of the loyalty program, and to make improvements.
DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only share your personal information with our suppliers within:
- Customer service
- Communications services
- Technical support.
These providers need the information in order to provide services for us within the framework of the processing activities set out in these terms of membership. We have data processing agreements with relevant suppliers that clearly set out how they may use your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy regulations.
After campaigns, we may wish to measure sales up against marketing activities, in order to give more relevant offers in the future. This will be done by assembling hashed purchase data with marketing activities done through third parties.
WHERE IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
All your personal information is stored within the EU/EEA, but some of our suppliers have technical support services located outside the EU/EEA. By using these support services, any processing of your personal data will be governed according to the EU/EEA standard contract for transmission to a third country or other approved transmission mechanism.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may choose to change your personal information at any time, and you may withdraw your consent at any time, which will terminate your membership. You can do this either yourself or contact us for assistance.
- If you want access to your personal information, you have the right request access.
- If you wish to have your personal information corrected, you have the right to request a correction.
- If you wish your personal information deleted, you have that right as long as we are not required by law to store it.
- If you wish to limit how your personal information is processed, you have the right to request this.
- You will receive information from us if we make corrections, delete or limit the processing of your personal information.
- You have the opportunity to require that your personal information is handed over in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to take that information with you to another enterprise. This applies only to information you have actively provided to us.
- You have the right to notify us if you believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the consent you have given us.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent
- If you do not wish us to use automated individual decision-making and profiling of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent to membership in our loyalty programme at any time.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information is processed only by authorized personnel who have access to the information by virtue of their professional position and are bound by an obligation to retrieve/use only data for the specified and legitimate purposes for which the data was collected.
HOW LONG DO YOU STORE THE DATA?
Your personal data is stored as long as you are an active member with us, and you choose not to opt out of the loyalty programme. If you have not shopped, or had another interaction with us within 24 months, we will terminate your membership and delete your personal data as long as we are not required by law to store it, cf. GDPR art.17. We will inform you three weeks prior to our terminating your membership.
HOW DO YOU SECURE MY PERSONAL DATA?
We store your personal information in our operating environments. These environments use standard security methods to prevent unauthorized access. We comply with common standards for protecting personal information and sensitive information.
HOW DO THE REGULATIONS CONCERNING PERSONAL INFORMATION FUNCTION?
All processing of personal data, such as its collection, registration, storage and release is subject to separate regulations, including the Personal Data Act. Varner AS is responsible for processing your personal information in accordance with the act's provisions, i.e. "controller". Datainspektionen governs compliance with the regulations in Sweden. You have the right to submit a complaint to the Datainspektionen regarding the information processing done by the controller related to these terms of membership.
COOKIES ON BIKBOK.COM
When you visit our website, a cookie is used to recognize your computer or mobile phone. This makes it easier for you, as cookies let your mobile phone or computer remember, for example, log-in information for your next visit. They provide us with information about your behavior on our website, which enable us to adapt more relevant content to you. You can read more about Cookies here.
The controller is Varner AS, Nesøyveien 4, 1376 Billingstad, Norway. If you have questions about your membership or your personal information, please contact us at [email protected] or by phone +47 21 93 76 22